Hey Everyone! I’m back! I was shocked when I went back home for Christmas and was asked by nearly everyone I visited what happened to the Red Headed Chef. I love knowing that there are actually people that read my blog! :-) I’m thinking though that one of my New Year’s Resolutions will be to write a few new posts every month. A 2 month hiatus is just too long!
So today I wanted to share with you a quick and easy recipe for baked tilapia filets. I figured this is a great recipe to start the new year with because it fits in with a lot of people’s New Year’s Resolutions to lose weight. These filets are great because they taste good (not too fishy!) and are good for your heart and your waistline! I can’t stress how simple this is – I could submit it to Rachael Ray for 30 Minute Meals or Claire Robinson for 5 Ingredient Fix… Hopefully that gives you an idea! And for all you non-fish people out there, you should definitely give it a try. This recipe did not stink up my house, and and really does not taste overly fishy. I don’t think I would like it if it did. It just has a nice, light flavor and will leave you just satisfied, not overly stuffed – which is much needed after the holiday eating spree we went on!!
Lemon and Garlic Tilapia (serves 2)
- 2 4-oz tilapia filets
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (since I was only making 2 filets I was able to use our toaster oven!).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray
- Place filets in the baking dish.
- Brush filets with lemon juice and then drizzle butter on top.
- Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until fish is white and flaky.
- Serve with freshly steamed vegetables, brown rice, and a lemon slice.
Stay tuned because I’ve got some other exciting new recipes coming up like low-fat but still delicious muffins and turkey meatballs!!